Kindergarten Registration

The Langley School District welcomes new kindergarten students to our schools. Our teachers and staff are excited to meet your family.

Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will take place online via email with your catchment school beginning Monday, January, 17th. Due to current restrictions, there will be no in-person registration at this time.

All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2022 (children born in 2017) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 6, 2022.

For Glenwood Elementary Registration, please email your completed registration form along with all applicable documentation outlined below to Mrs. Dorland, at

If you require assistance with your registration, please contact Glenwood Elementary at 604-534-4644.

We look forward to welcoming your child to the Glenwood community.


You will need to produce the following documents:

  • Proof of age (Birth Certificate)
  • Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for both student and parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
  • Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, Photo BC Services Card, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
  • Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
  • Registration Form

You will need to do the following:

  1. Complete registration form (attached fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist. To ensure accuracy, filling out the form electronically is preferred over handwritten submissions.
  2. Submit documents online via email to Mrs. Dorland at A confirmation email will be sent to you once your documents have been received and reviewed.
  3. If you require additional support, contact your catchment school to seek help with accommodating your needs.


Additional Registration Information:

There is no advantage in rushing to register your child in the first few weeks of the registration period. Families have until the end of March to secure a space for your child. Registration will be open from January 17th – March 31st 2022.

To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool here.

If you have arrived in Canada with a work permit, study permit or visitor record, you will need to contact the School District Office at:

For information on registerinstudents in grades 1 –12, please visit our page here.

*Helpful resources regarding vaccination records from Immunize BC:

I don’t know if my child has been vaccinated – how can I find out?

I don’t have my child’s immunization record – how do I get a copy?

Cross Boundary Registration

To register your child in a Kindergarten program outside of your catchment area, please contact your catchment school and follow the process outlined for Cross Boundary Registration.

Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance

Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here.

Read our Kindergarten Brochure.